Farm To Family

Yesterday, I snagged my step-mother's copy of People magazine for some late-night reading. Seeing Carrie Underwood's wedding dress on the cover caught my eye. While flipping to the pages of the pink princess wedding, a photo of entirely different sort grabbed my attention. It was a picture of Mark Lilly in front of a painted school bus emblazoned with "Farm To Family".

I forgot about Carrie.

Mark Lilly was watching the movie Food, Inc when he realized that he could do something to bring inner-city Richmond VA families clean meat, farm fresh eggs, and fruits and veggies from local organic growers. He bought an old school bus off of Craig's List and made it into a moveable farmer's market. He picks up food from organic ranchers & growers and drives it via the school bus to innercity areas, accepting both WIC and food stamps.

How amazing is this? His website is at http://www.farmtofamilyonline.com/

No comments: