Laid To Rest


In the spring, I blogged about my sweet Uncle Dan's sudden passing. He was working out in the yard and died from sudden cardiac failure. The funeral and wake were in the spring, however this past Friday, his ashes were buried next to his late wife's, my sweet Auntie Bev. Here are some photos from the service. It was small, sweet, and solemn. My sister read an old Irish prayer, & my Uncle Jack prayed.
This is sweet Auntie Mal explaining to Jet and Kimber what is happening. Kimber doesn't understand, Jet understood completely.

Jet wanted to help by shoveling dirt. He's such a good, kind, sensitive child and I wish he'd gotten to know Uncle Dan a little more.

Kimber comforted Jet. When we first arrived, he wanted to sit by himself under a tree. Kimber came over to him and sat next to him, wanting to understand why he was sad.

1 comment:

Maryadele said...

Nachelle and I read and looked at the beautiful pictures of Dan being "laid to rest." As she and I returned from Colorado, we made a stop at the cemetary, met with the Director and she told us how to find Dan's gravesite. I could not help but gather dirt in my hands and cry my heart out again. I have come to realize how many lives he touched including mine. Though I am feeling better emotionally, not a day goes by that I don't think about him and miss him. I mourn for the future we wanted to have together. Dan also shared with me so many times how much he loved his nieces, nephews and in-laws. All of you were his life and I admire and respect each one of you. Thank you for sharing my mother, my girls and I with your family. Our sincere blessings, Maryadele