Vegetable Soup

Eating healthy food can be so challenging, especially when you've got to pack your lunch for work or school. I hate veggie soups with tomato bases. To me, they taste acidic and overpowering. This simple vegetable soup is one of my favorites. This vegan version of it is in the P90X cookbook, or you can add chicken and chicken stock instead for a non-vegetarian version.

Look at all of those colors! Organic carrots, celery, onion, and four red potatoes are chopped and mixed with organic, low sodium vegetable broth, onion powder, and black pepper. Simple, amazing, and free of poisons and toxins.

Chop all ingredients along with 3-4 cloves of fresh, organic garlic. Sautee in large soup pot with small amount of olive oil until carrots and potatoes are slightly tender. I added in a can of drained, rinsed black beans for additional protein in this vegan soup.

Top with fresh parley or chopped fresh basil. On a cold day, enjoy this with a cup of hot green tea and a slice of Ezekiel bread with soy buttery spread.

I always make enough to last several days.
I love taking this with me to school, so I spoon out a serving into a plastic container.

My son's lunchbox is one that has a zipper pouch at the bottom, perfect for adding the soup and ensuring it won't spill or topple when the lunchsack is placed into the backpack. Complete with a piece of fresh fruit and slice of cheese, this vegetarian meal provides the right amount of protein, carbs, natural sugars, and fiber to ensure we eat clean and healthy on the go.

No comments: