Why I Blog


I get this question a lot. Mostly, its from my husband and its in the form of a complaint - which is good. He wants to spend time with me and I'm plucking away on a computer. I'm thankful I've got a husband who enjoys being with me.

But, it's a valid question.

My reason for blogging isn't because of some desire to impart my wisdom, knowledge, opinion, rants, raves, whatever to the world. While at times, my tone may be one of instruction, it's not because I feel that I know best and I'd my job to educate everyone out there. I'm always learning. It is not my desire to try to convince anyone, I appreciate perspectives.

I have a few reasons...
The first has to do with this cool little guy and this beautiful little girl. While I have life insurance policies & a will, what I think they'd miss the most if I were gone is my heart. I'd think they'd want to know what was important to me - what would I say, what would I do, what would I believe, how would I feel...not because they'd want to follow any advice I'd have, but because they'd want to know me. I feel my tone and heart come through, and putting it on the internet insures that fire or flood won't wash it away.

The second has to do with accountability for myself. I drink more water when I blog about water. I book a massage when I blog about balance. It helps keep me in check.

The third has to do with family. Pics of the kids, what's going on, updates. Hopefully, the kids will like this, too, when they're older and can remember this vacation or that summer.

The last has to do with everything else. I loved the journey I took when I decided to make health and balance a priority. I still take it. Daily. I love that I take that journey with others, and you're out there, emailing topics, requesting info, and encouraging me. It reminds me that we're not alone on this quest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am often asked why I share so much personal information in my blog. I do it for these same reasons. The more of the whole that people see, the more they can relate and the more accountable I am held.