Two Weeks Along

I've gotten up at the crack-o-dawn now for a whopping two weeks! I have to say...I'm a little proud of myself. It hasn't been easy, but I'm doing it. I did sleep in one morning over the two weeks after my daughter woke me up in the middle of the night to cuddle after a bad dream....I decided I needed the extra hour of sleep and then regretted it the rest of the day.

To stay positive, here are some things I like about the 5am workout...

1. The first hour of the day is the one I give myself. I've put on my own oxygen mask before putting on others.

2. I get to wear makeup and jeans. Because I shower and change in the morning, I'm not walking around in my workout gear with a stark face until my workout time.

3. I eat better. If I'm getting my hiney out of bed at 4:30, I'm not about to sabotage what I've done with junk or large portions.

4. It takes less to achieve more. Because I haven't eaten prior to exercising, my blood sugar is low and my workout is more productive at increasing my metabolism throughout the morning and the rest of the day.

5. The gym crowd is different. The crowd is older, dedicated, focused, and consistent. This is especially true now that the New Year's Resolutioners are trailing off.