Week 3 of Holiday Avoid-The-Poundage Blowout

If week 2 was awesome, then week 3 was magical. 

We had Thanksgiving lunches with each of our children at their schools during the week. On Friday evening, Kimber had her holiday performance - her class was a band of roosters.

Then, on Saturday morning I was inducted into the Alpha Chi Collegiate Honors Scholarship Society. I was humbled to be a part of such an amazing group of people. The president of our university, Dr. Natalicio, gave the address and we each were pinned and then asked to talk about our plans following graduation. The deans over the different colleges represented did the pinning ceremony.

 On the left, I'm getting pinned & on the right I'm speaking to the group.

On the left is Dr. Natalicio, the president of the university. On the right is 
Dr. Castaneda, an esteemed behavioral neuroscientist, and my mentor.

Saturday night topped everything off with date night. Sushi filled our bellies.


I felt extremely strong in the gym, and I stuck to my nutrition plan. I didn't work out Saturday due to the events, and on Sunday we spent a family day together. So, I didn't get my weekend workout in...but I'm not too upset. I got in five great workouts, enjoyed the events, and felt balanced and healthy.

This week is gonna be a tough week as far as scheduling everything. The kiddos are out of school all week, but we still have class...so I've had to lean on family for assistance. It is a week crammed full of tests, projects, and quizzes all week for the both of us, so we're trading off studying. I will be super-happy if I get in 4-5 rigorous workouts this week.

This week, I'm so very THANKFUL for:
  • Professors that dance with passion when they speak about their areas of expertise. They inspire!!
  • Date Nights. I don't think that men understand the magic in them. To guys, it's sushi out and money gone. To us, its getting ready and putting on perfume...an opportunity to feel young and beautiful while we're out with the one we love. I look forward to date night for weeks.
  • My sister, who spent her Saturday morning with both of our children so that we could attend this event and they could play and have fun. They adore their Tannymal.

No comments: