Thanksloving And The Chick

Kimber came home from school one day and said, "On Thanksloving, we get to eat the chick." We liked it so much that it stuck. This Thanksloving, we went to the Ronald McDonald house during the morning to volunteer our time and sanitize the play area & toys for the children who live there while receiving treatment.





All....all...all I could think of all morning long was sweet Mackenzie Rye Webster. I kept thinking that if somehow MRW was to have lived long enough, the Ronald McDonald house might have been a place where she and her parents might have stayed. We left her mark there while we dedicated our time. She passed away between Thanksgiving & Christmas 2 years ago, and she's in our prayers. I wish I could have met her.

 My dad was in charge of the traditional meal this year, and I was on clean-up committee. It was a night full of family and relaxation.




I am so thankful for our health. The days events and people we met reminded us that not everyone has their health. I'm thankful for family, for tender moments, and for our time together.

From this chick to you, Happy Thanksloving.

No comments: