P90X Week Two

I'm not going to fake enthusiasm...week two was a tough one for me.

I found this week harder than the first. Some days, I was so thankful that I'm doing the 7-day workout option (7th day is 60 minutes of stretch) just because I knew that if I had an off day to play with, I might have switched it out on any given day and just slept.

What's tough? I kind of equate it to the middle 100 of the 200 yard freestyle. The first 50 yards, we often have to slow ourselves down from all of the adrenaline. The last 50 yards is where we bring it home where all of the cheering and excitement pumps us up. It's the middle 100 yards where we win the race. It is in the middle 100 yards that all of our training, our endurance, our technique come into play.

It's the same here.

I'm sore. I'm exhausted. Jay lost 10 pounds right out of the gate. His whole midsection completely transformed in 7 workouts. Me....not so much. I told him the other day, "I feel like I work twice as hard to get half of the result." His response, "That's because you do."

Please don't think I'm complaining. I'm not. If it was easy, everyone would do it. But....know this....I swam on a college scholarship for a Division I University. I've done 10k's, 20k's, a 30k, and a triathlon. And, I find it tough. So, if I get worn out, if I feel beat up and sore, if there are days that I don't want to "push play", then know that if you're doing this program and you feel this way, you're not alone. It's a very intense program, the average person burns approximately 700 calories per workout.

Here's the thing I do remember from my years of training. There are some days we feel like a million bucks & workout just comes easy. There are days that are hard to get through. And, there are all of the days in between. We just keep doing our best and putting one foot in front of the other.

And, then there are the positives to focus on...amazing sleep, glowing skin, those heavenly post-workout showers, a diet that doesn't have alcohol or cheat meals, neither of which were difficult to give up....

I do think that after day 30, I'll be getting a massage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maria, It's kinda funny I think I must have started P90X the same time as you. I'm on week 3 now. It's exciting and exhausting at the same time. I love it.