P90X: Week 7

I had to make some major modifications due to scheduling this week. I took my off day on Saturday instead of Wednesday due to Jet's party. I pushed each workout back 1 day, but then had to make another modification due to parent/teacher conferences, so I switched Day 5 with Day 6, and then split Day 5 into Legs and Back in the morning and Ab Ripper in the evening.

In a nutshell, I got all the workouts in, but changed them all around.

Accomplishments This Week:
  • Three pullups!
  • At Jet's party, I didn't cheat. I wanted to so badly (those chips & queso were calling my name), but I made sure that there were a couple of healthy options on hand.
  • Kenpo used to be my least favorite. I'm liking it much, much more. This week, it felt strong and focused. I had much better control of my punch and kick placement.
Today, Week 8 begins. It's the same as Week 4 which is a "Recovery Week with Ab Focus". We do Core Synergistics and Yoga twice each along with some Kenpo and stretch.

I also want to share this Link. On the days when I'm feeling unmotivated, I watch Greg. His sister is my P90X coach, and it took him 270 days to get these results. That's a long time of making healthy decisions day in and day out, and requires a lot of patience and tenacity. But, take a look at how much younger and energetic he looks after 270 days. More importantly, take a look at his cholesterol, blood pressure, and resting heart rate changes.

1 comment:

pledge2stayfit said...

Hey guys, congrats on completeing week 7 and staying on track. I also wanted to say I love your P90X FAQ, good stuff! Have you guys considered the Beachbody Coach opportunity? You are already doing what I do as a coach so I thought I'd mention it. No worries, keep up the good work you have here. http://pledgetostayfit.com