I Dream Of Disney

I've been dreaming of our first Disney vacation since Jet was born six years ago. We'd stay in a villa with a kitchen, living area, and multiple bedrooms at either the Animal Kingdom or Bay Lake Tower. Yeah, I know it's expensive, but it's MY dream and I can dream it any way I like...even if it's no where close to reality.


We'd invite Dad & Teri and Jay's mom, June. In the morning, Jay and I would wake up early and sneak down to the hotel fitness center to get in an intense workout. When we'd get back, the kids would be watching cartoons in their pajamas, and June would be cooking one of her yummy breakfasts....no syrup for anyone - we'd need lots of energy with no sugar crashes.

I'd get in a HOT spa shower while watching the Today Show - the bathroom has a flat screen!! I'd have my morning cup of coffee while putting on makeup and getting ready for the day ahead. The kids would float in and out of the bathroom with their little bedheads and some breakfast still smeared on their cheeks.

Around 9am, we'd set out for the park of the day. Dad would have a motorized wheelchair and the kids would take turns riding on his lap. The weather would be 72 degrees, and there would be no lines for rides. We'd ride the rides in the morning, and I'd have healthy snacks in my purse to keep us going. We'd stop to have lunch with Tinkerbell or Ironman.



After lunch, we'd see a show.


After the shows, we'd come back to the hotel and put everyone down for their nap. Jay and I would head down to the hotel spa for a couples massage.

Once everyone is awake from their nap and we're back in the room from the spa, we'd make an afternoon snack in the kitchen and toss on our swimsuits and sunscreen for an hour or two at the pool.

I'd cook dinner a few of the nights, we'd eat out as a family a few of the nights, and and Jay I would have a date night once or twice. We'd watch the Disney fireworks.

Of course, this wouldn't be the exact schedule every day. There's be times that there's an evening show we'd want to see, or days when we'd skip the spa or pool. June would want to do some shopping, and Dad and Teri would want some time alone.

We'd stay about a week and just soak it up....

...am I the only one who takes a vacation in my mind?

all photos copied from Disney website