Day Seventy-Eight: Make It Yours

I have a dirty little secret.

If you were to take a look at my iPod, the songs I play when it's time to push myself are vile, corrupt, and degrading. Metallica and Kid Rock pump through my head as I go to a place where I feel like I'm floating. Like a hit of a drug, I can feel the switch flip when the natural endorphins kick in. I press myself...then I press more....then I press even harder to move to the place that's just over the edge. "I'm an American badass, watch me kick..."

You knew I had a wild side...just look at my husband.

Here's another secret. I love to run with my hair down...all Florence Griffith Joyner. Just like FloJo did in her time with her break-out style, her multicolored 2-inch fingernails, and her lipstick...I make it mine.

We don't have to put on our worn-out full-of holes T-shirts to go for a jog. We can own it. We can do the things that we need to do to pump ourselves up, make us feel sexy, and send us over the edge so that we can..."Ahhh, push it..." Exercise shouldn't be something that we get through...something we check off the list. It should be something that pumps us up, makes us feel amazing, something that our bodies and minds yearn.

I challenge you to make it yours.

No comments: